Ny utstilling : Robbie Simon "Celestial Soda Pop" 29. Oktober

Robbie Simon “Celestial Soda Pop” på Lørdag kl. 17.00 - 21.00 + pop-up bare hos naboen Brilliance frem til midnatt.

Galleri GEO welcome you to see the latest body of work from Los Angeles-based artist Robbie Simon. After the artist showcased his first solo exhibition “Mold” in February at Blind Gallery, Los Angeles, USA to great reviews and an all-sold-out success he now continues on his path with this new series of work. “Celestial Soda Pop” will showcase new unseen original paintings.

“Celestial Soda Pop” markerer den andre utstillingen av malerier av den amerikanske kunstneren og designeren, Robbie Simon. Etter mange år som grafisk designer, begynte Simon å studere komposisjonene innenfor det kommersielle arbeidet og utforske dens effektivitet som frittstående konsept. Disse abstrakte minimalistiske arbeidene er laget gjennom en svært teknisk prosess hvor presisjon er dedikert til komposisjonen.
Utstillingens “Cosmic Americana”-klingende tittel er lånt fra en sangtittel av New Age komponist Ray Lynch og albumet Deep Breakfast. Musikken er morsom men samtidig annerledes, veldig tilgjengelig men likevel unektelig merkelig. Det er ordløs musikk som ikke kan forklare musikerens intensjoner, men som kan styre lytteren i den retningen han ønsker. Det er strukturer i musikken, men de flyter rundt i en atmosfære uten grenser. Simon’s malerier lever i den samme atmosfæren og bærer de samme målene. Kunstneren setter scenen, men betrakteren forteller en historie unik bare for seg selv. Det er punktet mellom det kjente og og det udefinerbare.

English :

Celestial soda pop marks the second exhibition of paintings by American Artist and Designer , Robbie Simon . After many years working as a graphic designer, Simon began refining the singular compositions occurring within the commercial work and exploring their effectiveness as standalone concepts . These abstract minimal graphics are created with a very technical process that ensures precision out of dedication to the composition .

The show’s Cosmic Americana sounding title is borrowed from a song title by New Age composer Ray Lynch and the album Deep Breakfast . The music is fun yet strange , very approachable but still undeniably odd. It’s wordless music can’t explain the artists intentions but it can certainly steer the listener in whatever direction it desires . There are structures to the music but they float around in an atmosphere without borders . Simon’s paintings live in the same atmosphere and carry the same goals . The artist sets the scene but the viewer tells a story unique only unto themselves . The sweet spot between familiar and undefinable .

Mer info/preview sheet : post@gallerigeo.no

2 Likes