Aesthetic Prosthetic No. 4 21.-26. november

The next artist out, who has donated an artwork to raise money for the Artificial Limbs and Polio Center in Gaza, is Slaven Lunar Kosanovich (Croatia). If you like this artwork, please come see it live in our exhibition in Smien at Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st- 26th. If you love this artwork, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: Spectral Morpheus 03
Medium: Spraypaint on old poster
Size: 48x68 cm
Edition: 1/1
Year: 2022
Value: NOK 20000,- Bidding starts at NOK 7500,-
Artist bio: Slaven Lunar Kosanovic is a Zagreb-based artist widely recognised as one of the founding members of Croatia’s graffiti scene.
He has painted and exhibited across six continents, leaving his mark in numerous cities across the globe including Amsterdam, Athens, Auckland, Berlin, Bogota, Hanoi, Havana, Kigali, Lisbon, London, Melbourne, New York, Oslo, Paris, Saigon and Tokyo.
In 2019, he released his first book, From Zagreb with Love, which documents his work across three decades.
Today, Lunar hosts a weekly radio show on Yammat FM. He also cites Adidas, Forbes, Nissan and Hope Box among his clients.

Facebook: @slavenkosanovic
Instagram: @slavenlunar
Official website: www.lunar75.com

#ALPC #urban #artist #AUCTION #auksjon #Palestine #Palestina #gatekunst #gatekunst #norwayart #solidarity #solidaritet #streetartbergen #urbanart #urbanartwork

2 Likes

The next artist out, who has donated an artwork to raise money for the Artificial Limbs and Polio Center in Gaza, is Rene Gagnon (USA). If you like this artwork, please come see it live in our exhibition in Smien at Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st- 26th. If you love this artwork, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: It`s All in the Hair
Medium: Spray paint on canvas
Size: 51x51 cm
Edition: 10/20
Year: 2012
Value: NOK 3000,- Bidding starts at NOK 1500,-

Artist bio: Rene Gagnon was enthralled by the rap and graffiti movement that originated in New York City in the early 80’s. Gagnon found his calling in this movement.

His vision is to recreate the battle between graffiti and street artists’ in his studio work. By mixing past graffiti experience with the street art pieces he does today, he is able to fuel his attack on the canvas. As feelings are evoked from the written words and the often emotionally charged imagery he leaves on the streets a physical manifestation builds to a point of overflow. Ultimately unleashing itself in a furor of uninhibited energy, where time and place become nonexistent. It is in this vitality that his artistic soul reveals itself and dances its way into a flurry of whirling paint and exploding spray paint cans.

Rene Gagnon believes this melting of the graffiti/street artist in him, with the abstract expressionist produces an original take on two major art forms. He has coined this amalgamation ‘Post-Graffiti Abstract Expressionism’ and it serves as the backbone to his work."

Facebook: Rene Gagnon - Street Artist
Instagram: @renegagnon
Official website: www.renegagnonfineart.com

#ALPC #urban #artist #AUCTION #auksjon #Palestine #Palestina #gatekunst #gatekunst #norwayart #solidarity #solidaritet #streetartbergen #urbanart #urbanartwork

2 Likes

The next artist out, who has donated 100 artworks (!) to raise money for the Artificial Limbs and Polio Center in Gaza, is Sess Art (Norway). If you like these artworks, please come see it live in our exhibition in Smien at Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st- 26th. If you love this artwork, make one of these butterflies you own during the exhibition period.

Title: Power of butterflies
Medium: Yarn
Size: Various sizes
Edition: 100/100
Each butterfly is sold seperately for minimum NOK 100,-, but visitors are offered to pay more, if they want to :slight_smile: These bytterflies can only be bought at Smien during the exhibition.

Artist bio: SessArt works mainly with yarn, in the form of small and large butterflies, which fleetingly settle around the city center of Bergen, and in the surrounding area. They have become very popular collectibles for those who want a bit of street art in their living rooms.

Instagram: @sessart2019

3 Likes

The next artist out, who has donated an artwork to raise money for the Artificial Limbs and Polio Center in Gaza, is RC (Chile/Norway). If you like this artworks, please come see it live in our exhibition in Smien at Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st- 26th. If you love this artwork, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: Futureprediction
Medium: Acrylics on canvas
Size: 100x120 cm
Year: 2024
Value: NOK 56000,- Bidding starts at NOK 20000,-

Artist bio: RC focuses on documenting themes such as exclusion and inclusion. He uses his own experience as an immigrant as a starting point. This gives RC a unique and direct contact with the grassroots, mainly the youth in Bergen.
His street art expression consists of murals and paste-ups. RC also makes oil paintings and illustrations. It is important for him to anchor the works in the immediate environment where they arise and are located, with thorough background work. Interviews, sketches and portraits of local people provide the social dimension RC is looking for. His street art projects are about illuminating conditions in society. They are about creating positive ripple effects, by embellishing worn-out architecture or enriching neglected common areas.
RC is originally from Chile and has lived in Norway since 1987. He has an art education from New York. England and Norway.

Facebook: RC Art
Instagram: @rcart_

3 Likes

The next artist out, who has donated an artwork to raise money for the Artificial Limbs and Polio Center in Gaza, is Know Hope (Israel). If you like this artworks, please come see it live in our exhibition in Smien at Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st- 26th. If you love this artwork, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: The Sound of a Waving Flag
Medium: Mixed media on wood
Size: 66x39 cm, 9x33,5 cm
Year: 2013
Value: NOK 40000,- Bidding starts at NOK 34000,-

Artist bio: Over the past two decades, Addam Yekutieli (pseudonym Know Hope) has developed a visual iconography and language used to mirror real-life situations and observations, and document the notion of a collective human struggle.

In recent years, Yekutieli has began a process of ongoing projects with participants worldwide, with the aim of highlighting the nexus between the personal and the collective, the political and the personal.

Establishing a path that leads the viewers from the public sphere and into the personal (if not the private) experiences of participants, these works allow for an intuitive and empathetic recognition of each other while musing on issues such as the complexities of cross-cultural encounters, borders, and trauma.

Yekutieli’s artworks take place both indoors and outdoors, in the form of site-specific installations, murals and assemblages, combining ready-made materials, mixed media pieces, photographs and text. All of which attempt to express a re-imagination of the larger social and political situations.

The participatory nature of these processes generates a conversation across a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds. It offers an aesthetics of ambiguity, asking the viewers to search for intricacies and complexity. It therefore reaffirms the necessity to encourage understanding of our shared reality in a real rather than a merely symbolic way.

Facebook: Know Hope
Instagram: @thisislimbo
Webiste: www.thisislimbo.com

2 Likes

The next artist out, who has donated an artwork to raise money for the Artificial Limbs and Polio Center in Gaza, is Nafir (Iran). If you like this artwork, please come see it live in our exhibition in Smien at Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st- 26th. If you love this artwork, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: Family
Medium: Spray paint on heavy paper
Size: 80x60 cm
Edition: 6/10
Year: 2019
Value: NOK 9000,- Bidding starts at NOK 4500,-

Artist bio: Nafir aims to reintroduce the woman in the Iranian public space. By stenciling unveiled faces of Iranian women on centuries-old carpets and pasting them in the street, he uses a traditional medium, often associated with religion and certainly with tradition, to depict bold women living in a repressive society and daring to confront the judgment of the passing crowd, the taboos of a regime whose rigorist islam forbids such practice and iconography but also aims to rejuvenate a pre-islamic past and reconnect with Persia’s old history.

The son of a carpet merchant in the old bazaar of Tehran, the choice of this woven surface to express his ideas is very much linked to his personal history and a deep love for his country and regional traditions (as Nafir puts it, “the history of Iran is not written, it is woven”), albeit used in an iconoclastic way.

Nafir’s stencils are unique pieces, not only because of the carpets used but the stencils are rarely used twice in his indoor work. The women portrayed are mainly from his circle of friends: models, photographers, artists, dancers, performers, musicians and DJs who stand up for freedom, unafraid of consequences… and represent the Iranian youth, disillusioned and hopeful.

Facebook: Art Nafir
Instagram: Artnafir
Webiste: www.nafir.info

3 Likes

The next artist out, who has donated an artwork to raise money for the Artificial Limbs and Polio Center in Gaza, is Økokrim (Norway). If you like this artwork, please come see it live in our exhibition in Smien at Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st- 26th. If you love this artwork, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: Aksiomaten (The Axiomat)
Medium : Spray on cotton canvas
Size: 100 x 120 cm
Edition: Aestetic Prostetic Edition - 1/1
Value: NOK 15.000,- Bidding starts at NOK 7500,-

An axiom is a principle widely accepted on the basis of its intrinsic merit, or one regarded as self-evidently true. A statement that is axiomatic, therefore, is one against which few people would argue.

Artist bio: Økokrim (Lin S) is a Bergen based street artist, activist and rebel. She works under different names, and has been a part of several pieces of street art together with other artists or activists. The traces of her are mainly found in Bergen, but can also be found in other places in Norway. She works with stencils, paste ups, murals, stickers and any media that will spread an important message. Fairness and equality are important values for the artist and have been from a young age. She strongly believes that when we have established truths and laws that harm others, these should be questioned and changed.

The original piece is located on the deck of the ferry M/F Ole Bull trafficking between Breistein (Bergen) and Valestrand (Osterøy).

Facebook: Aanmelden bij Facebook | Facebook
Instagram: @gramstalin

2 Likes

The next artist out, who has donated an artwork to raise money for the Artificial Limbs and Polio Center in Gaza, is VLEK (Norway). If you like this artworks, please come see it live in our exhibition in Smien at Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st- 26th. If you love this artwork, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: Free to Resist
Medium: Silkscreen on 300 gsm acidfree paper
Size: 50x70 cm
Edition: 6/30
Value: NOK 2900,- Bidding starts at NOK 2000,-

Artist bio: VLEK (b. 1967, Norway), is a Norwegian artist, social entrepreneur, curator and producer.

He started painting in the streets in the mid-eighties. Visual art and its role in the community is clearly a passion for Arne Vilhelm. After 20 years of working as a copywriter and teacher, he decided to make his personal passion a way of life. Arne Vilhelm´s artwork is characterized and has a clear focus on the idea and placement of the artwork. He also often involve the people around him in the process of making the pieces, using neighbors, students and friends in the production.

@vlekart

Facebook: Vlek
Instagram: @vlekart

2 Likes

The next artist out, who has donated an artwork to raise money for the Artificial Limbs and Polio Center in Gaza, is Popay (France). If you like this artworks, please come see it live in our exhibition in Smien at Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st- 26th. If you love this artwork, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: « Head »
Medium: acryliq and posca on paper
Size: 50x65 cm
Year: 2020
Value: NOK 12000,- Bidding starts at NOK 6000,-

Artist bio: POPAY is a graffiti writer, painter and illustrator, living and working in Paris. Born in 1971 in Barcelona as the son of an architect, POPAY grew up in Paris and started drawing comics at a very young age before transposing his art onto the streets in 1986 and discovering the art of graffiti writing with KISTER in 1987.
POPAY was a member of several crews like MST, CWA, THC, PCP, P2B, TEH, AAA, OOO and GM. Through what he himself has once called “the art school of the streets”, he first developed different lettering including dripping, melting, unifying forms and figurative elements, like big human heads and weird characters.
In his studio he was squetching, drawing and painting on paper and canvas using pen, ink, pencil, spraycan, airbrush and acrylic paint. While continuing to paint, he increasingly began to receive commissions for illustrations. His research of artistic expression guided him to produce digital painting as well, wanting to print unlimited editions of images accessible to everyone. His early outstanding colorful figuratif style inspired many other urban artists who still consider him as a major figure in french urban art.
Read more here: https://www.widewalls.ch/artists/popay/

Facebook: @juan-pablo_de_ayguavives
Instagram: @popay_de_ayguavives
webiste: Produits – POPAY.FR

3 Likes

The next artist out, who has donated an artwork to raise money for the Artificial Limbs and Polio Center in Gaza, is Martin Whatson (Norway). If you like this artwork, please come see it live in our exhibition in Smien at Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st- 26th. If you love this artwork, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: Paint Love
Medium: Screenprint
Size: 55x55 cm
Edition: 150
Year: 2020
Value: NOK 20000,- Bidding starts at NOK 5000,-

Artist bio: Martin Whatson (b.1984) is a Norwegian street artist best known for his calligraphic scribbles in grayscale voids. Over the past decade, Martin has developed an unmistakable aesthetic combining abstract movement with figurative stencilled compositions. His works can be seen to mirror the rise and fall of the streets, as he symbolically recreates the urban environment, then vandalises it to reveal his vibrant transformations.

Growing up in Oslo Norway, Martin was an active part of the emerging graffiti scene of the early 90’s which at the time maintained zero tolerance. The physical architecture of the city was a constant inspiration, the elaboration and destruction of each generation contributing to the urban infrastructure. The same deconstructive processes can be seen in his creative influences of Jose Parla and Cy Twombly. In the early 2000s, this interest in layers became more literal with the introduction of stencils into his work. The evolution moved him closer to a simple yet effective aesthetic he believed could bridge the gap between the passion and spontaneity Graffiti held for him, with the fragility and transience of nature. This balance would come to define his creative approach.
Facebook: Martin Whatson
Instagram: @martinwhatson

4 Likes

The next artist out, who has donated an artwork to raise money for the Artificial Limbs and Polio Center in Gaza, is Gatefant (Norway). If you like this artwork, please come see it live in our exhibition in Smien at Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st- 26th. If you love this artwork, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: Ignore
Medium: Spraypaint on canvas
Edition: 1/5
Bidding starts at NOK 1500,-

Artist bio: With a wish to convey images from the world, seen throught the eyes of Gatefant, stencils was a natural choice. Gatefant has been active on the streetart scene in Bergen for more than two years, but only one of those years under the signature of Gatefant.

Instagram: @gatefant

2 Likes

The next artist out, who has donated an artwork to raise money for the Artificial Limbs and Polio Center in Gaza, is Hammer (Norway). If you like this artwork, please come see it live in our exhibition in Smien at Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st- 26th. If you love this artwork, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: Justice
Medium: Original on passepartout carton
Size: 120x140 cm
Edition: 1/2 on passepartout carton
Bidding starts at NOK 2500,-

Artist bio: Self-taught stencil artist. Born in Trondheim, and spent my first years there, but 10 years old I moved to Øvre Årdal in the heart of the Sognefjord. For the last 15 years I have lived in Bergen, but at the end of 2021 i moved back to Øvre Årdal with my family. In Årdal i have created my own studio, where i do my art work. I have no relevant education in the art subject. As an offshore worker, I have had a lot of free time, and some years ago i gradually started to try my hand at stencil art / street art. It was not until 2020 that I started selling my art works.
I have for a long time been fascinated by street art and stencil art, where DOLK and Banksy are the most important sources of inspiration. I have done a few works on the street in Bergen, but mainly I work with canvas and paper. Some of my pictures have many stencil layers and many colors, but I also like to do simpler motifs in black and white.
My motives may have messages that are marked by matters of the heart, today’s news picture or political climate. Other times, they are created on the basis of an aesthetic idea. It can be a color i think is nice or something else that triggers creativity. The message is then created along the way, and I like that you who see my pictures interpret and give it meaning with new eyes.
In addition to my web page, my art can also be found at Frame IT and Gategalleriet both are located in Bergen/Norway

Facebook: Hammer ART
Instagram: @ hammer_art__

3 Likes

The next artist out, who has donated four artworks for the Aesthetic Prosthetic solidarity street art exhibition and -auction, is Carrie Reichardt (UK).

Work 1.
Title: Well behaved Women Art Deco Tea Plate
Medium: Vintage ceramic plates refired wit hand screenprinted ceramic transfers
Size: 14x14 cm
Edition: 1/2
Year 2022
Value: NOK 750,- Bidding starts at 400,-.

Work 2.
Title: Buy Less
Size: 16x16 cm
Edition 1/1
Year: 2021
Value: NOK 750,- Bidding starts at 400,-

Work 3.
Title: I drink
Size: 16x16 cm
Edition 1/1

Work 4.
Title: Refugees Welcome
Size: 15x15 cm
Edition 1/1

Artist bio: Working as a self-titled ‘craftivist’, Carrie Reichardt is an outspoken, politically charged and ceramic slinging artist. Leaving a trail of poetry and prose in her wake, Reichardt employs the techniques of a muralist, but the tools of a mosaic artist, screen printing her own tiles to use rather than paint.

Reichardt has been involved in community and public art projects for two decades, designing and consulting on large-scale mosaic murals in various local communities. She has produced mosaic murals in Miravalle, one of the most deprived districts on the fringes of Mexico City as well as projects in Argentina and Chile. In 2018, Reichardt finally completed the transformation of her west London home into a giant mosaic mural – a process that took twenty years and tens of thousands of tiles to complete.

In 2013, Reichardt won the prestigious Winston Churchill Travelling Fellowship to research ‘How to advance community mosaics in the UK’.

Facebook: @Carrie Reichardt
Instagram: @Carrie Reichardt
Official webpage: www.carriereichardt.com

#ALPC #artist #Auction #auksjon #Palestine #gatekunst #norwayart #artgallery #solidarity #streetartbergen #urbanart #Palestina #solidaritet

2 Likes

Er det kun mulig å by live på stedet? Eller er det også mulig å by på nett?

2 Likes

Hei, det blir muligheter for å by online, og på telefon. Jeg skal legge ut en post på facebook-siden vår: @gatekunst for palestina, instagramsiden: @street_art_for_palestine, og her i kveld.

2 Likes

The next artist out, who has donated two artworks for the Aesthetic Prosthetic solidarity street art exhibition and -auction, is Dr. AW (Norway). If you like one of these artworks, come see them live at our exhibition at Smien in Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st - Nov. 26th. If you love one of these artworks, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Work 1.

Title: Snart Helg blue ed.

Medium: original paper collage, ivntage framed.

Size: 40x60 cm

Edition: 3/30

Year 2022

Value: NOK 4000,- med innramming. Bidding starts at NOK 2500,-

Work 2.

Title: Bæææærgen

Medium: Mixed media original on canvas

Size: 40x60 cm

Edition 1/1

Value: NOK 6000,- Bidding starts at NOK 3000,-

Artist bio: Dr. Aw is a Bergen based streetartist, with a varied expression and multiple works on the streets around Norway.

Facebook: Dr.AW

Instagram: @Dr.aw__

Official webpage: https://www.aronwillems.no

#ALPC #artist #Auction #auksjon #Palestine #gatekunst #norwayart #artgallery #solidarity #streetartbergen #urbanart #Palestina #solidaritet

1 Like

The next artist out, who has donated an artwork to raise money for the Artificial Limbs and Polio Center in Gaza, is 10.dig (Norway). If you like this artwork, please come see it live in our exhibition in Smien at Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st- 26th. If you love this artwork, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: Broken

Medium: Spraypaint on canvas

Edition: 1/1 AP

Bidding starts at NOK 1500,-

Artist bio: 10:DIG is an anonymous stencilartist based in Bergen. Often simple in his form, mut clear and concise- From one layer hit-and-runs, to multilayer stencils, he catches the eye of the beholder. 'the artist wants to point his finger at important issues in society with his stencils. 10.DIG spreads his art beyond the seven mountains of Bergen. He has participated in projects li eKleppestø Ungdomsskole (2021-2022), Lofthus aktivitetshus (2022), Marinehallen (2022) a project that some speak of as the street art cathedral in Bergen.

Facebook: 10.Dig

Instagram: @10.dig

3 Likes

316028439_205700738497470_8840897734373875322_n
The next donation for the Aesthetic Prosthetic solidarity street art exhibition and -auction, comes from the Nuart Festival. If you like these artworks, come see them live at our exhibition at Smien in Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st - Nov. 26th. If you love these artworks, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: The Utopia Box-Set

Medium: The box-set consists of 6 gicleé and 8 hand-pulled screen prints, a total of 14 prints, from the artists who participated in the 2016 NuArt Festival

Size: 30x30 cm

Edition: 79/100

Year 2016

Value: 8500,- Bidding starts at NOK 4000,-

Info: THE UTOPIA BOX-SET

Featuring exclusive, signed limited edition prints from 14 of the worlds leading names in Street and Urban Art to support Nuart 2016

1.Add Fuel (PT) 2.Axel Void (ES) 3.Eron (IT) 4.Evol (DE) 5.Jaune (BE) 6.Fintan Magee (AU) 7.Henrik Uldalen (NO) 8.Hyuro (AR) 9.Jeff Gillette (US) 10.KennardPhillips (UK) 11.MTO (FR) 12.Nipper (NO) 13.Robert Montgomery (UK) 14.SPY (ES)

Each box-set consists of 6 gicleé and 8 hand-pulled screen prints, a total of 14 prints, one from each of this years participating artists.

The set celebrates the 500th Anniversary of Thomas More’s ‘Utopia’, first published in 1516. More’s vision was the first to give a name and form to an idea that has captured the human imagination throughout history: that by imagining a better world is possible, we are empowered to create it.

The prints are 12” (30 x 30cm) and the box size is 33 x 33cm.

The boxset, like Nuart itself, is a labour of love! We hope you enjoy it.

Facebook: @thenuartgallery

Instagram: @nuartfestival

Official webpage: www.http://www.nuartfestival.no/

1 Like

The next artist who has donated an artwork for the Aesthetic Prosthetic solidarity street art exhibition and -auction, is Zedin Sunic (Bosnia/Norway). If you like this artwork, come see it live at our exhibition at Smien in Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st - Nov. 26th. If you love this artwork, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: Dreamer

Medium: Spray paint on canvas

Size: 80x199 cm

Year 2022

Value: NOK 12000,- Bidding starts at NOK 6000,-

Artist bio: Sedin Zunic, 1981, is a bosnian-norwegian artist living in Kristiansand, Norway. He got involved in grafitti during the 90’s, when there was a zero-tolerance policy for grafitti. He gort engaged in the important struggle to get legal walls, and to create acceptance for streetart and grafitti in southern Norway. HZudin has numerous large scale murals and sculptures in Norway and Europ. Zunic uses the streets as a canvas, and considers himself an experimental artist. He has developed an aesthetic that combines grafitti, stencils, the avstract and the classical figurative. He strives for perfection, whicinspires his visual expression. Zunic has an experimental style, and he is concerned with the environment. Sedin use art as a method to solve societal issues. He is inspired by the UN Sustainable Development Goals and Human Rigths.

Sedin Zunic has held a TEDx talk about how art can create an oecean in change. Zunic is known for inviting voulnerable groups to participate in his artproductions.

Facebook: Sedin Zunic

Instagram: Sedin Zunic

1 Like

The next artist who has donated an artwork for the Aesthetic Prosthetic solidarity street art exhibition and -auction, is Elmedin Zunic (Bosnia/Norway). If you like this artwork, come see it live at our exhibition at Smien in Laksevåg, Bergen Nov. 21st - Nov. 26th. If you love this artwork, make it your own in our auction on Nov. 26th.

Title: Modernity

Medium: Photo print

Paper type: 300gr cotton paper

Size:50x60 cm

Edition:1:3

Value: NOK 4500,- Bidding starts at NOK 2000,-

Artist bio: Elmedin Zunic, born 1979, is educated at RMIT and the University of Melbourne, where he completed his PhD in 2019. Elmedin works with installation, photography, video/audio and performance. He has exhibited in Norway, South-Africa, Kurdistan, Thailand and Australia. The visual discourse is loaded with questions concerning trauma, social and political unrest - which tha artist can relate to, growing up in the conflict leading to the dismantling of the former Jugoslavia.

Facebook: @Elmedin Zunic

Instagram: @elmedinzunic

1 Like