Mehdi med nytt galleri

Stemmer det at Mehdi har joinet galleriet Lehmann Maupin? Mange Mehdi-fans her inne, kanskje litt info angående hva dette kan bety for karrieren også? :blush:

1 Like

Det blir en utstilling der til høsten. Som et av de største galleriene i verden kan det bli veldig bra for Mehdi

9 Likes

@alminerech is pleased to announce the representation of the Iranian artist Mehdi Ghadyanloo in France, Belgium and Shanghai, following his first solo exhibition at Almine Rech Brussels in the spring of 2021.
Almine Rech will feature a solo exhibition of Mehdi Ghadyanloo in the London space in 2023.

Born in Karaj, Iran in 1981. He graduated with a B.A. from Tehran University’s College of Fine Arts in 2005, and later earned an M.A. in film studies from Tehran’s Teachers College.

Mehdi Ghadyanloo began his career as a muralist in Tehran in the early 2000s, when, following a call for proposals by the city, he produced almost one thousand gigantic wall paintings, including dreamlike landscapes and science-fiction scenes.

His work combines minimalist themes and a surrealist aesthetic in his paintings, using acrylic, oil, or watercolor. He uses the trompe l’œil technique of his murals to compose his paintings that take on the shape of square boxes with dreamlike imagery and hyperrealistic technique. Each of his works reveals his brilliant ability to trick our eyes and our perception of reality. Their architectural appearance reflects the artist’s investigation into designing and representing space on the canvas.

Shadow and light overlap and challenge each other endlessly in Ghadyanloo’s practice, and the symbolism of the movement from darkness to light is at the heart of his vision. All the elements that he depicts in his paintings — ladders, fences, holes in the ceiling — are methods of representing a way out, a kind of hope.

Mehdi Ghadyanloo is now based in Saarbrücken , Germany and New York, US

Veldig gøy å se Mehdi er i ferd med å bli en internasjonal superstjerne - gøy at KV identifiserte og plukket opp denne kunstneren for mange år siden :smiley:

13 Likes

Menger seg med fiffen mehdi nå. Hyggelig at så mange av hans verk har havnet i Norge innledningsvis, jeg tror det kan bli vanskelig å få råd og input fremover. Ikke overraskende - for en kunstner og for en historie!

5 Likes

Noen som vet hvor han selger sine originaler?

1 Like

Mehdi blir representert av flere gallerier, blant annet norske Golsa. Jeg tror dog det er svært vanskelig å få kjøpt originaler av han i dag uten et tidligere kundeforhold eller at du er en anerkjent storsamler…