Release: Grear Patterson - Space Legs, 2020

Vi lanserer i dag et nytt foto av Grear Patterson i vår helt nye nettbutikk i dag 18.00.

GREAR PATTERSON
Space Legs , 2020

Giclèe print on 310 g. baryta paper
29.7 x 42 cm
11 3/4 x 16 1/2 in

Edition of 50 plus 10 artist’s proofs

kr 3,500.00 + 5% BKH
Golsa Shop

Vi skulle egentlig åpne en ny utstilling med Patterson 1. april, men på grunn av corona har den blitt flyttet til etter sommeren. Så mens vi venter lanserer vi et foto. Verkene hans handler ofte om å se tilbake og kjenne på følelsene fra barndommen. Dette fotoet er ingen unntak, og er tatt i rommet han vokste opp i.

Grear har skrevet litt om sine tanker rundt fotografiet:

I am perched in my childhood loft looking downwards at: Jessy’s legs post coitus, a plywood floor airbrushed with the solar system that disregards scale and spacial relationships so the planets all float as if suspended on the same surface of water, the windows from my room face west and bring in the afternoon light with dappled shadows and parallelograms. Hard lines and Natural forms harmonize in this image. You can feel the warmth on Jessy’s ankles

I was born in Edward Steichen’s house and subsequently I grew up with Eugène Atget, Walker Evans, Lee Friedlander, Harry Callahan, later I would fall in love with Helen Levitt and Saul Leiter. These people and their images informed my sense of the frame.

The frame was my first studio. It was the first place that was all mine. I decided what was in or out. What made me feel at peace. Finding a frame is like finding a word you were searching for or a memory that you just can’t place, and when you find it oh golly. The feeling is fleeting but the word or image last forever.

“The eternal image is always around us. We just have to look”

— Grear Patterson

5 Likes